High Efficiency Cone Worm Gearbox
Characteristic of High-Efficiency Cone Worm Gearbox:
In a Worm Gearbox, Worm Reduction Gear Box, Worm Speed Reducer and Gear Motor Manufacturer, three to 11 gear teeth are typically in contact with the worm, depending CZPT the ratio. The increased number of driven gear teeth that are in contact with the worm significantly increases torque capacity also raises shock load resistance. In addition to increasing the number of driven gear teeth in contact with the worm, Worm Gearbox, Worm Reduction Gear Box, Worm Speed Reducer and Gear Motor Manufacturer also increases the contact area on each gear tooth. The actual areas of instantaneous contact between the worm threads and the driven gear tooth are lines. These lines of contact move across the face of the gear tooth as it progresses through its total time of mesh with the worm. The lines of contact in double-enveloping worm gearing are configured to increase the power transmission capability and reduce the stress on each gear tooth.
Two shafts for 90 ° Intersect, input speed must not be more than 1500 rpm.The working environment temperature should range from 0 ~ 40 ° C, when the environment temperature below 0 ° C or above 40 ° C.Before starting the lubricating oil to corresponding heating and cooling, The worm shafts, reverse operation can be positive.
The advantage of High-Efficiency Cone Worm Gearbox are dramatic. First, the total load is divided among more individual gear teeth, and the load is further divided where teeth support 2 lines of contact. This superior load distribution greatly increases load carrying capacity. Second, the improved torque throughput allows a smaller reducer to produce the same amount of torque, resulting in size and weight savings.
Double-enveloping worm gearing can carry loads that would require much larger and heavier cylindrical worm gearing.
Double-enveloping worm gearbox figure :
(Click on picture for more information)
Packaging & Shipping
SGR gearbox use standard wood case per gear motor | gear unit.
According to Customer requirement, we delivery products by different transport, Sea shipping, Air Transportation / Express or Truck transportation etc.
You Appoint, We Service!
With all our activities DNV-ISO 9001, SGS -certified, we stand for top-quality service. Entrusting your gearboxes to the care of our Services.
Help protect your gearbox from wear and grinding, SGR gearbox converts torque reliably and efficiently.
We customize our CZPT planetary gear units, double enveloping worm gearbox, helical gear motor, modular design helical gear unit, worm gearbox, cycloidal gearbox etc to fit your application and meet your needs.
These features enable a reliable and safe service life of over 200 000 operational hours.
Our customers have been placing their trust in CZPT gear units since 1997. More than 500 000 gear units of our gearbox are in use reliably around the world, in many cases under very harsh conditions.
Our Honour and Patent :
ZheJiang CZPT Heavy Industry Machinery Co., Ltd.(formerly known as ZheJiang CZPT Reducer Co., Ltd. ) (sgrgear ) has accumulated rich original designing & manufacturing experience after being founded in 1996. CZPT brand planetary gear reducer has won honor of “Science and Technology Advancement Prize” awarded by the National Speed Reducer & Variator Industry Association.
We produce planetary gear units, planar double-enveloping worm gear speed reducers (cone worm gear reducer), helical-bevel gear motors, worm gear reducers, helical worm gear motors, helical gear motors and many other types of gear units. CZPT gear motors and gear units have given satisfactory performance in different industrial applications, including metallurgy, mineral, architecture, shipbuilding, petroleum combination, aviation space-flight, lift routeing, textile mechanic, cement, pharmaceuticals, pumps, general mechanic and other domain.
With the advantage of high quality & competitive price, CZPT gear motor and gear units are widely welcomed in the domestic market and exported to Southeast Asia, Middle Asia, North America and European countries etc.
With the excellent testing program, CZPT company is always keeping up with the most advanced technology in the world. We have already acquired DNV-ISO9001: 2008 certificate,SGS, CE etc and a patent on CZPT branded gearbox.
We have adopted advanced CAD and CIMS in design & manufacture, which help our engineers develop 3 – 5 series of new efficient products each year. All staff in sales & service department are well trained termly, thus you will be always warmly welcomed and understood by our company.
- Q: What is your business type?
- A: CZPT is gearbox manufacturer and Solutions Provider, we are experts of the planetary gear reducer, cone worm gearbox, modular design helical gear motor, worm gearbox etc. A suitable model will offer to you according to your requirement, besides, CZPT also has professional technical team special in the custom gearbox and gearbox repair.
- Q: How long can you provide products guarantee Period?
- A: Based on different gearbox types, 12-18 months.
- Q: What’s Certification your product acquiry ?
- A: DNV-ISO9001:2008 ,SGS ,CE etc. and new products patent.
- Q: How many technical employees in your company?
- A: We have 10 engineers in our R&D Dep., included 2 engineers who enjoy government ‘s allowance.
- Q: Where is your company & how to contact you?
- A: Our factory located in No.879 , JinLiu Rd, JinShan District , ZheJiang City , China .
Feel free contact me by Below Information:
|Motor, Machinery, Marine, Agricultural Machinery, Industry
|Distribution Power, Change Drive Torque, Change Drive Direction, Speed Changing, Speed Reduction, Speed Increase
|Hardened Tooth Surface
|Worm and Wormwheel
What are the Noise Levels Associated with Worm Gearboxes?
The noise levels associated with worm gearboxes can vary depending on several factors, including the design, quality, operating conditions, and maintenance of the gearbox. Here are some key points to consider:
- Design and Quality: Well-designed and high-quality worm gearboxes tend to produce lower noise levels. Factors such as gear tooth profile, precision manufacturing, and proper alignment can contribute to reduced noise.
- Gear Engagement: The way the worm and worm wheel engage and mesh with each other can impact noise levels. Proper tooth contact and alignment can help minimize noise during operation.
- Lubrication: Inadequate or improper lubrication can lead to increased friction and wear, resulting in higher noise levels. Using the recommended lubricant and maintaining proper lubrication levels are important for noise reduction.
- Operating Conditions: Operating the gearbox within its specified load and speed limits can help prevent excessive noise generation. Overloading or operating at high speeds beyond the gearbox’s capabilities can lead to increased noise.
- Backlash: Excessive backlash or play between the gear teeth can lead to impact noise as the teeth engage. Proper backlash adjustment can help mitigate this issue.
- Maintenance: Regular maintenance, including gear inspection, lubrication checks, and addressing any wear or damage, can help keep noise levels in check.
It’s important to note that while worm gearboxes can produce some noise due to the nature of gear meshing, proper design, maintenance, and operation can significantly reduce noise levels. If noise is a concern for your application, consulting with gearbox manufacturers and experts can provide insights into selecting the right gearbox type and implementing measures to minimize noise.
Materials Used for Worm Gears
Worm gears are manufactured using a variety of materials to meet different application requirements. Some commonly used materials for worm gears include:
- Steel: Steel is a popular choice for worm gears due to its strength, durability, and wear resistance. It can handle heavy loads and is often used in industrial applications.
- Bronze: Bronze offers good lubricity and is commonly used for the worm gear (worm) component. It provides effective wear resistance and works well in applications where quiet operation is essential.
- Cast Iron: Cast iron is known for its high strength and durability. It’s often used for worm gears in applications where shock loads or heavy-duty conditions are expected.
- Aluminum: Aluminum worm gears are lightweight and corrosion-resistant, making them suitable for applications where weight reduction is important.
- Plastic: Some worm gears are made from plastic materials such as nylon or acetal. These materials are often chosen for their self-lubricating properties and quiet operation.
- Composite Materials: Composite materials can offer a combination of properties, such as lightweight construction and corrosion resistance. They can be suitable for specific applications.
The choice of material depends on factors such as the application’s load, speed, operating environment, and required performance characteristics. It’s important to consider these factors when selecting the appropriate material for worm gears to ensure optimal performance and longevity.
What is a Worm Gearbox and How Does It Work?
A worm gearbox, also known as a worm gear reducer, is a mechanical device used to transmit rotational motion and torque between non-parallel shafts. It consists of a worm screw and a worm wheel, both of which have helical teeth. The worm screw resembles a threaded cylinder, while the worm wheel is a gear with teeth that mesh with the worm screw.
The working principle of a worm gearbox involves the interaction between the worm screw and the worm wheel. When the worm screw is rotated, its helical teeth engage with the teeth of the worm wheel. As the worm screw rotates, it translates the rotational motion into a perpendicular motion, causing the worm wheel to rotate. This perpendicular motion allows the worm gearbox to achieve a high gear reduction ratio, making it suitable for applications that require significant speed reduction.
One of the key features of a worm gearbox is its ability to provide a high gear reduction ratio in a compact design. However, due to the sliding nature of the meshing teeth, worm gearboxes may exhibit higher friction and lower efficiency compared to other types of gearboxes. Therefore, they are often used in applications where efficiency is not the primary concern but where high torque and speed reduction are essential, such as conveyor systems, elevators, automotive steering systems, and certain industrial machinery.
editor by CX 2023-09-11