Gearing Arrangement: Worm Brand Name: EED
Input Speed: 1400 rpm Output Speed: 14 rpm to 186 rpm
Rated Power: 0.06 ~ 4KW Output Torque: 2.6-479N.M
Color: Blue/Silver or on request Origin: ZHangZhoug, China (Mainland)
Warranty: 1 Year Application: Industry
Supply Ability: 20000 Piece/Pieces per Month
Extra Service: OEM is welcome
QC System: ISO9001:2008
Packaging & Delivery
Package: Wooden box/Paper carton
Port: HangZhou/ZheJiang or on request
|Worm Gear Speed Reducer/Worm Gearbox
|NMRV series size:571,030,040,050,063,075,090,110,130,150
|Blue(RAL5571)/Silver grey (RAL9571) or on your request
|Wooden box/Paper carton
|Foodstuffs, Ceramics, Packing, Chemicals, Pharmacy, Plastics, Paper-making, Machine-tools
|IEC standard flange or on request
|Shell or Henry
About CZPT since 1984
HangZhou Melchizedek Import & Export Co., Ltd. is a leader manufactur in mechanism field and punching/stamping field since 1984. Our main product, NMRV worm gear speed reducer and series helical gearbox, XDR, XDF, XDK, XDS have reached the advanced technique index of the congeneric European and Janpanese products. We offer standard gears, sprockets, chains, pulleys, couplings, bushes and so on. We also can accept orders of non-standard products, such as gears, shafts, punching parts ect, according to customers’ drawings or samples.
Our company has complete set of equipment including CNC, lathes, milling machines, gear hobbing machine, gear grinding machine, gear honing machine, gear shaping machine, worm grinder, grinding machines, drilling machines, boringmachines, planer, drawing benches, punches, hydraulic presses, plate shearing machines and so on. We have advanced testing equipments as well.
Our company has established favorable cooperation relationships with sub-suppliers involving casting, raw material, heat treatment, surface finishing and so on.
The most advantage of the speed reducer is the technique of cobber clad, which can enhance the occlusal force between the bronze and core wheel.
|Motor, Machinery, Marine, Agricultural Machinery
|Hardened Tooth Surface
|as for Request
|Worm and Wormwheel
What are the Noise Levels Associated with Worm Gearboxes?
The noise levels associated with worm gearboxes can vary depending on several factors, including the design, quality, operating conditions, and maintenance of the gearbox. Here are some key points to consider:
- Design and Quality: Well-designed and high-quality worm gearboxes tend to produce lower noise levels. Factors such as gear tooth profile, precision manufacturing, and proper alignment can contribute to reduced noise.
- Gear Engagement: The way the worm and worm wheel engage and mesh with each other can impact noise levels. Proper tooth contact and alignment can help minimize noise during operation.
- Lubrication: Inadequate or improper lubrication can lead to increased friction and wear, resulting in higher noise levels. Using the recommended lubricant and maintaining proper lubrication levels are important for noise reduction.
- Operating Conditions: Operating the gearbox within its specified load and speed limits can help prevent excessive noise generation. Overloading or operating at high speeds beyond the gearbox’s capabilities can lead to increased noise.
- Backlash: Excessive backlash or play between the gear teeth can lead to impact noise as the teeth engage. Proper backlash adjustment can help mitigate this issue.
- Maintenance: Regular maintenance, including gear inspection, lubrication checks, and addressing any wear or damage, can help keep noise levels in check.
It’s important to note that while worm gearboxes can produce some noise due to the nature of gear meshing, proper design, maintenance, and operation can significantly reduce noise levels. If noise is a concern for your application, consulting with gearbox manufacturers and experts can provide insights into selecting the right gearbox type and implementing measures to minimize noise.
Worm Gearbox Applications in Robotics and Automation
Worm gearboxes play a crucial role in various robotics and automation applications due to their unique characteristics and benefits. Here are some common applications where worm gearboxes are used:
- Robotic Arm Movement: Worm gearboxes are employed in robotic arms to provide precise and controlled movement. The self-locking property of worm gearboxes helps maintain the arm’s position without requiring additional brakes.
- Conveyor Systems: In automated production lines, worm gearboxes are used to drive conveyor belts and move materials or products along assembly lines with accuracy.
- Precision Positioning: Worm gearboxes are used in precision positioning systems, such as those found in pick-and-place robots and CNC machines. They ensure accurate and repeatable movements.
- Pan and Tilt Mechanisms: Worm gearboxes are utilized in pan and tilt mechanisms of surveillance cameras, robotic cameras, and sensors. The self-locking feature helps stabilize and maintain the desired angle.
- Automated Gates and Doors: Worm gearboxes are used in automated gate and door systems to control their opening and closing movements smoothly and safely.
- Material Handling: Robots in warehouses and distribution centers use worm gearboxes to manipulate and lift objects, enhancing efficiency in material handling.
- Medical Robotics: Worm gearboxes are employed in medical robots for surgical procedures, diagnostic equipment, and rehabilitation devices, ensuring precise and controlled movements.
- Industrial Robots: Industrial robots rely on worm gearboxes for various tasks, including welding, painting, assembly, and packaging, where precise movements are essential.
- Automated Testing Equipment: In testing and inspection applications, worm gearboxes provide the necessary movement and positioning for accurate testing and measurements.
- Food and Beverage Industry: Worm gearboxes are used in automated food processing and packaging systems, ensuring hygienic and precise movement of products.
Worm gearboxes are preferred in these applications due to their compact size, high torque output, self-locking feature, and ability to provide a right-angle drive. However, selecting the right gearbox requires considering factors such as load, speed, efficiency, and environmental conditions.
How to Select the Right Worm Gearbox for Your Application
Selecting the right worm gearbox for your application involves careful consideration of various factors:
- Load Requirements: Determine the torque and load requirements of your application to ensure the selected gearbox can handle the load without compromising performance.
- Speed Reduction: Calculate the required gear reduction ratio to achieve the desired output speed. Worm gearboxes are known for high reduction ratios.
- Efficiency: Consider the gearbox’s efficiency, as worm gearboxes typically have lower efficiency due to the sliding action. Evaluate whether the efficiency meets your application’s needs.
- Space Constraints: Assess the available space for the gearbox. Worm gearboxes have a compact design, making them suitable for applications with limited space.
- Mounting Options: Determine the mounting orientation and configuration that best suits your application.
- Operating Environment: Consider factors such as temperature, humidity, and exposure to contaminants. Choose a gearbox with appropriate seals and materials to withstand the environment.
- Backlash: Evaluate the acceptable level of backlash in your application. Worm gearboxes may exhibit more backlash compared to other gear types.
- Self-Locking: If self-locking capability is required, confirm that the selected gearbox can prevent reverse motion without the need for external braking mechanisms.
- Maintenance: Consider the maintenance requirements of the gearbox. Some worm gearboxes require periodic lubrication and maintenance to ensure proper functioning.
- Cost: Balance the features and performance of the gearbox with the overall cost to ensure it aligns with your budget.
Consult with gearbox manufacturers or experts to get recommendations tailored to your specific application. Testing and simulations can also help validate the suitability of a particular gearbox for your needs.
editor by CX 2023-09-05